My wife got me a spinner making kit. A tool to bend wire, clevis', blades, bodies, wire, treble hooks, beads, split ring tool, split rings, and a case. Also got a fish scale. Sportsman's Warehouse carries the stuff from Oregon Tackle. Her dad took me to Oregon Tackle so I could buy some more stuff, with my Xmas money from mom, and we went to the Sportsman's Warehouse near Clackamus and bought some more blades, bodies, swivels, split rings, treble hooks, hoochies, and another case.

"Dad" showed me the High Rock hole and the mouth of the Clack. He hasn't fished that river since the 70's. Made some spinners. Tuesday afternoon we fished the Kalama canyon and I sacrificed my first spinner to the river before switching to bait. I hooked and lost a fish, saw a red striped summerun swim down stream. "Dad" landed a bright skinny summerun hen on bobber and eggs. He thought it was a winterun but the eggs were still tight.

Need to get some spinner bearings, and 3/8 oz spinner bodies including bodies in colors other than nickel and brass. Probably need to order them from the Fisherman's Shack since Sportsman's doesn't seem to have them. Will have to stop by the Silverdale store in the AM.

For those music fans I got Nirvana's 3 CD set. Something to listen to on those long trips to the river. I got my wife Americas' and David Bowie's greates hits.