Stlhd you should donate your body to science. You've only had one infection in your whole life ?

The only infection I've ever had, Strep, was contracted during a simple hernia surgery.

And I only compared IV drug use with being in a hospital after you wrote

The number one place to contract any disease or bacteria is in a hospital.

I figured you meant that no other place was more risky then a hospital for contracting disease, including a heroin den. So what did you mean?

I get my facts from the CDC, NIH, Medline, Emed, FDA, and the Dept of Agriculture. As well as college microbiology, pathophysiology, and comparative zoology. I was shooting for a double major in biology and nursing while at Boise State.

I get my "facts" from personal experience VHAWK.

If your life experience with bacteria and viruses is limited to one infection in your whole life, your either a freak of nature, or your definition of an infection is different then the rest of humanity.

Below is a link to a table (for specifically fish), showing the temps that food pathogens grow and produce toxins, also the temps/time requirements to keep food safe. But I'm sure it doesn't compare to Stlhd's personal experiences.
FDA: FISH AND FISHERIES PRODUCTS HAZARDS AND CONTROLS GUIDANCE

Anytime you want to chat about Staph a. let me know. I fell in love with a gal who was doing post graduate research on Strep a. She was studying how it hides intracellularly when dairy cows are given antibiotics for bovine mastitis. She followed the staph by inserting a gene that coded for a protein the would flouresce under a special light. I met her in a bar, and we chatted about that and fishing for 5 hours. Afterwards I fell asleep in my truck I was so drunk. But thats a different story, for another thread.

The Mother of all Fish Safety Web Pages click here