Shawn:

WHERE on the Skagit will you be?

If you are going to be in the Sedro Wooley area, best bet is Three Rivers Motel...right on Hwy. 20 in Sedro. It is a nice place and where I put my business associates when they are coming up to fish. Rates are fair, rooms clean. TV and phone...not sure about Internet.

If you will be in the Concrete area the pickings are not too great. There are 2 motels and one B&B. The North Cascades Inn was bought out last year and the new owners suck wind...resturant prices are exhorbatant just for a cheeseburger and the rooms are old and drafty. The "Eagles Nest" is decent, but room rates are too high (IMHO) and there are no phones, etc. in the rooms. Eagles Nest resturant has got good grub at good prices (different owner than the Eagles Nest hotel).

If in the Concrete are you could also look at Ovenell's Bed and Breakfast. It is about 2 blks from my house...don't know much about them though but they have a website.

If you are going further upriver towards Marblemount, try Clark's Cabins. Food is good and I hear the rooms are nice.

Mike