I also have questions about the spike-only regs, not specifically in the Colockum, but in all of Eastern Washington. As you all probably know, eastern Washington areas are generally spike-only, while western Washington areas are mostly 3-point or better. Does anyone know why it's set up this way? I seem to remember WDFW setting them up differently as a sort of "experiment". What was that, 20 yrs ago?

Well the results should be showing themselves now shouldn't they? Please weigh in with your opinions, especially if you've hunted both sides of the state.

I hunt muzzleloader on the Yakima herd. For 10 years now, all I have seen is either cows or branch-antler bulls. I only feel I have a chance if I draw a permit. I'm curious as to what WDFW figures is the number of spikes. What is the non-permit success rate? If the birth rate is 50/50 male/female it stands to reason that there should be quite a few one-year old spikes each year. Where are they all?

I'm about ready to go back to hunting the Matheny/Clearwater I think!

And why are we seeing quads on closed roads??? Is a road closed only to the vehicles that can't get around the gate???

Sign me,
Frustrated!