On one of the Fishing the West shows that I did get to DVD, Larry’s guide for the show was Jim Conway, it was very cool to see him on TV again.
I have also got some old Salmon Trout & Steelheader magazine 1967-1968 time period where Jim wrote an article as well.
There was a book that Jim Conway came out with years ago on some of his fishing adventures TV shows. It is called “Fishin’ Holes” and there are quite a few used copies out there if someone is interested in getting one. You can send me an email through my web site link and I will see if I can locate one for you.

Pacific Northwest Fishing Golden Years (Web Site)

I remember Jim huff’in and puff’in as well back then, but if you saw a picture of the big old microphone he had to lug around his neck you would understand why, it looked like a studio microphone (old school style). Back in the 1960’s when they filmed this show there was not to much “portable equipment” available, so I guess they did the best they could with the stuff they had to use.
Jim was defiantly a pioneer in the field of TV fishing Shows.
Exploration Northwest was another great show with host Don McCune, I think I have all of the shows available of his that involves fishing.
I do see his wife at most of the Sportsman shows and it’s fun to talk with her.
My next door neighbor worked with Don down at KOMO back in the 50’s and 60’s and he has shown me some great rare footage that he had take’ in of Don..