"I wish rvrfsr would die-cut 2/3 oz. spoons."

Me, too... \:\)

C/22 covered it pretty good...picture this:

River is going left to right, good spoon water is slightly across and below you. Toss yer crap out and downstream anywhere from 20 to 45 degrees...even steeper down, if that's what it takes to hit the right water.

Do what it takes to get the spoon to the right depth...be it feed it bunch of line, mend the crap out of it, or just let it swing...whatever it takes.

Once it's in the "zone", the current either activates the spoon all by itself, meaning the spoon starts to wobble, or I activate it by either lifting the rod tip or reeling in a crank or three.

As the wobbling spoon is swinging across the current, the fairly thick mono line is being pushed by the current and a slight bow will develop in the line between the rod tip and the lure...the lure will not be facing directly upstream, but will be poining slightly towards you, following the bow in the line.

The throb of the spoon will be transmitted up the line to the rod, and you can see it in the rod tip and in the "bow" in the line...for light hits (they do happen), or intentional slack line fishing (like I was doing last week to get some sluggish fish to bite), you may not "feel" the hit in the rod, but will first see it in the bow...it might twitch, hop, or just stop throbbing when you know it is not sitting on the bottom.

That's the reason why I don't like to use braid...it's lack of stretch and thin diameter make it hard, if not impossible, to fish that way.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle