You guys have done a good job pointing out how religious wack jobs give the rest of their respective religions a bad name.

This thread is about McCain being an asshole. Now, I am not a political animal, but I did work in a huge beauracracy for a while and I learned about how assholes fare in a political situation.

The asshole with no talent, even if he wanted to be upwardly mobile, never made it anywhere. No one would ever think of promoting a talentless asshole, no matter how good he thought he was at the job. A talentless nice guy/sycophant, would always move up waaay faster than the talentless asshole. I mean who wants to be around an asshole that can barely function in their job.

The talented asshole, was actually the most impressive individual when it came to doing their job. No management wanted this asshole in their meetings, yet when it came time for promotions and they look at the talent pool they would begrudgingly promote the asshole, even though they did not want to be around him. The talented asshole would have shot straight up if he/she was a nicer person, but because they stood by their principles, and right or wrong, would let someone have it when they were pissed at them, they moved up a little slower than the talented nice guys.

I guess in a way, that impresses me about McCain. If the guy is a tyrant, asshole, jerk, whatever, like that article says, the fact that he is the R nominee for president says a lot to me about what a few smart people think about his talent/capacity for the job. If he is generally disliked by all around him, I think at some point he would get torpedoed by someone he worked closely with. I don't care what he says to his wife, if it is really a problem, she's the asshole for staying with him.