My feeling is that right now, it's not nearly so close as the media makes it out to be...they don't want to let go of the "neck and neck" story...and I can't think of anything that would change the way the trends are heading now.

A draw on the first Presidential debate, which is the one that McCain should have been best of the three on. Regardless of the hype, all the numbers I keep seeing say the public feels that Biden won the VP debate, and by a rather large margin...something like 50 or 52 to 34 or 36, with the other 15 to 18 percent undecided.

The next two Pres. debates will be much harder for McCain.

I just can't see anything coming up that could lead to a turnaround for McCain/Palin, much less lead to the significant spike that would be required to even compete, much less win. Most national polls show the popular vote running 6-9 points up for Obama, and the electoral map shows that without significant turnarounds in several states that McCain will be mathematically eliminated before we here on the west coast even start reporting precincts...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle