Well, it is almost here! Time for all the ridges to be covered in pumpkins, and for the river valleys to have the booming duck guns going off.

In my usual custom I will work long into the night tonight, untangling the snarl of decoy lines, that we just tossed into a heap in the corner of the barn last winter, in a hurry to get the boat set up for steelheading. I've been running a lot of long-line/clip set ups lately, and they can be a real bitch to untangle.

The young guy who I am taking along on Saturday just called me and he is stoked. I had to remind him that he should be focusing on the football game Friday night. I told him that he will get lots of opening days, but only 4 homecoming games.

What kind of plans do you have for the opener? Traveling somewhere, going fishing to miss the crowds, or hunting your local spot? Share some pics of your opening day memories.

I am hunting a mudflat in Gray's Harbor. I checked my hole last weekend, there were about 2k widgeon feeding in it. I hope they fly
Saturday. Jerky shoot. Looks like the specks aren't around this year which is a bummer, we killed a lot early last year. They taste awesome on the bbq.

This is possible this year.