Originally Posted By: cobble cruiser
Originally Posted By: parker
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Only thing different, had I landed that 30+ steelhead I would have been done for good given it was a lower 48 fish.

Not very often does one see an honest 30 in the lower 48.

27 on the scale (8 hours later) is/was the best I could do.

Unlike you, I don't plan on retiring once I get that 30. wink There's always a 35...or a 40!

Fish on - Until I die!

laugh

There's always a new mountain to climb and I aint going to quit till I'm dead or crippled! I lost Steelhead hunter once a few years ago and saw him again last year in a clear tailout! Thought I saw a ghost!!!!!! eek2

I'll be around for a while... I haven't heard of a 30 confirmed in the lower 48 (SW WA) that I prefer to fish in years. I had a younger friend that beached a fish in Feb that measured 44.5" on his rod, only thing he had to measure it with. That probably was my fish, the one that would have set me into retirement.

I've tried my arse off every Jan-March 15 trying to dominate that 30 number and I tend to fish a creek that's been known to harbor a few, heck I grew up on it.... thumbs

No biggie if it does happen, I'll likely take up another hobby for a short time span and have withdrawl's of those ass kickin' winter nates that we all love to chase, be it 8 or 20+ pounds.... Every one of them will give a grey haired man a woodie......

Keith rofl