Here's the deal, looking for a little help.

Been out several times for the late ML season. Finally found an area to myself and lots of area to cover behind locked gates. Wednesday afternoon snuck down a skid road that dropped step down on all three sides. One good sized bowl area had a doe and yearling, snuck up to the edge and got a good rest, figured about 70 yds, but I only had a butt shot at the doe, the yearling was smaller than I was ready to settle for yet. Waited for what seemed like 5 min., but was probably 30-45 seconds, she never turned and I really did not want to take a bad shot and have her wounded and run in the bottom of a deep canyon. Eventually she noticed us and they both bounded to the bottom with out getting a shot off.

Went back Saturday AM, same spot, same deer was their, but the wind was wrong and she was starting to leave when I saw here, she paused and I got a shot off at ~100 yards off hand, miss, she did not flinch, as I reloaded she slowly made her way to the bottom of the canyon. As I debated trying to follow her down the yearling who was bedded 20 yards under me made four to five leaps and covered 200 vertical feet, to the bottom as well.

I decided not to go after them and would see if possibly they would come back that night. Checked other areas throughout the day, walked a good 5-6 mile loop, saw another hunter with a small spike, but I never saw anything. Decided to hustle back to ridge. Wind was right, snuck into a stump, peered over the edge, and in the same location as the doe was this AM was the yearling. I waited till just before dark and the Doe never came in. I decided to take the shot, good rest, ~100 yds. MISS, she fed while I reloaded and even though I did not think I could get closer I tried and she left.

Sorry for the long story I've only missed once in my life before and that was as a young teen with a shot gun slug at more than likely to far a shot. So missing twice in one day has me frazzled. So as I played things out in my mind over and over, I have a ballistics drop/raise question to finally get to.

Looking back I realized the shots were a 30 to 35 degree angle down hill. I may have been holding a touch high because of the distance, but should have I been a touch low since I'm shooting downhill at such an angle? Hope to head back out on Monday and/or Tuesday, suppose depends on what weather we get.

Thanks,
Chris