I used the 61 to back bounce on the Kenai and Nushagak a little bit last summer. I paired it with a GLoomis BB965 (Parker, Doc says you tried to steal this rod and take it back to WA with you). I put 65 lb braid on it and I have to tell you, I will not be without this reel on the Kenai. It is hands down and by far the most comfortable, capable reel I have ever backbounced with for this situation (heavy water, huge fish). It's not only comfortable but practical as well. I especially like the large open space on top of the reel so you have plenty of thumb room. This reel was way more comfortable (to me) than the Calcuttas and round Ambassadeurs I've used for backbouncing in the past.

This reel came with carbon fiber drag washers and I believe they were dry. If I remember right, I greased them with Cal's grease. The drag performed flawlessly on the several fish I caught with it. It has good range and was very smooth. Additionally, it has a synchronized level wind which prevents braid dig in at the edges of the spool. Aside from the dry drag, there is nothing I'd change on this reel based on my experience so far.

The only thing I can't vouch for on this reel is durability. I haven't had any problems, but I'd like to test it more. By the end of this coming season I'll have a pretty good idea of its durability.

It also comes with a power handle in addition to a standard double paddle handle. This will come in handy if your using it for kwikfish/diver combinations. I used the standard handle for my fishing. One caveat on the 'standard' handle--it is a little wider from paddle to paddle than say a 6500 handle. This is a good thing in my opinion.