Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
Done deal.

The merger is officially toast.

Late yesterday evening the Senate Ways and Means Committee adopted an amendment to the 2010 Supplemental Budget that maintains the Department of Fish and Wildlife as a separate entity from the Department of Natural Resources. You will recall CCA Washington issued an action alert to our members a few days ago informing that the earlier version of this budget proposed merging WDFW into DNR.

In response to thousands of e-mails and phone calls from CCA members, supporters and friends, legislators modified this budget to keep WDFW in place.

Thanks to all who answered the call.

WDFW is turning the corner and starting to work like intended for the resource. A long ways to go but a start.

Looking at the several threads on 6813 on this Board,
I believe that this is a team victory of Washington sportsman across the state working together to get something accomplished at this level, not once but two times in 2 years. Something that I always wondered if I would see in my lifetime.

It is getting closer to not if, but when, the 1st commercial fishing minded politician is shown to the door at re election time by the Washington State sportsmen voters. moose

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them