Originally Posted By: Mike@North Bend

I sent my letters out. Glad to hear a lot of others did too and it looks like it had an impact. It is true that Fish and Wildlife are not high on most of the Legislators list, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have a negative view (although obviously some do). It has been my experience that educating them is the key. The best thing we can do as sportspeople is to take some time and go down there and meet with our Legislators personally. Getting a 15 minute appointment is easy; they want to hear from their constituants; and a well prepared, respectful, discourse with them usually brings a lot of positive light to something they know little about. I have seen some of them change their position in these little meetings.

Perhaps CCA should sponsor a day on the hill. Members who can take the time to go could be prepared at a local chapter meeting then make their appointments with their Legislators and be done in several hours.

Excellent post.

You are right:

1) It was definitely a team effort.

2) We all should try to have rapport with our legislators.

3) A little education can go a long ways.

4) Legislators for the most part are family oriented and want the best
for their children and future generations.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them