I went down to the marina to help them deal with the behemoth...took three of us just to hoist it up well enough for a decent full length pic...Ryley will post up all the pics when he gets a chance, I took pics with his camera from the time I got there until it was in all the coolers...quite a project, to say the least.

I've got a big hunk in the oven as we speak...eating it up in about ten minutes smile

Extra-super congrats to Irish Rogue for his first few days of halibut fishing in his somewhat-recently acquired boat...three days, two 30's and the barn door...not a bad way to break in the boat!

The beast had an almost empty stomach...besides a bunch of already digested stuff, I found a rock about the size of a golf ball, a sea urchin (!), and both 9/0 hooks and the black label herring...all were in its stomach by the time we butchered it.

The cheeks were the size of $60 Porterhouse steaks!

Yummy. I got a tiny chunk, and it will feed us for three days.

Thanks, guys, for letting me come down and participate in the chop shop...I enjoyed it and could feel your excitement like I was there when it happened.

Larry, without bringing up a thousand other reasons why, native steelhead taste like sawdust, and a halibut tastes like, well...halibut.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle