I can say I have partook in a Skok opening day. Here is the scary details:

4:40 am Sunday morning, I hear a scratchin on the outside of my tent, "wake up lets gooo". So, I got up grabbed my eggs and a rod, and we headed over.

Got to the Purdy Cut-off road and was in awe. I told the guy I was with that we probably weren't going to get to fish. I counted at least 4 rigs that in an effort to get a parking spot along the PC-off nearly flipped over in the soft ditch. Two rigs were on their side in the swamp.

Anyways, we actually found a spot only 100yards from where I wanted to access the river. As we waded up to the spot I thought we might fish was wall to wall with flossermen (this is at 5:15), but below it 50 yards was a little scoop with some brush around it where I thought fish might head to get out of harms way.

Long story short, there was some chrome kings hanging out in this scoop. Me and my buddy had the spot to ourselves the entire time. By 6:15 we were 4 for 10 or 12 and still didn't have anyone fishing with us. Early on the fish were pretty aggro, the fish we were able to land, had our eggs way down in their throat. At one point we were getting a good hard chew on every other cast. Since there was no ripping in our area the fish were calm, we never had any issues with foul hooking them. I honestly had a great time, but I probably won't go back.

The good, bad and ugly:

Good: There was lots of fish, so even the secondary and third-ary spots had fish for the non-combative types to get action. There also was an entire stretch of river where guys were fishing floats and eggs. Not letting any flosserman in the mix, and they were hammering the fish. Kudos to that group.

Bad: Even though the fish were aggressive and easy to catch. The swing, rip, and "coming down" crew still ruled over most of the stacking holes. I hate watching these guys pull on a tail or dorsal hooked fish. They would spend 10 minutes on a 10# fish, just tiring it out.

Ugly: Saw several fish poached (dorsal hooked and retained, etc), several hundred fish already sporting their christmas tree look. There was no way any enforcement could keep up with this circus, next year they will need to bring in the National Guard.

When I was leaving I gave a couple of guys my leftover eggs, and pointed them in the direction of the spot we were fishing. I hope they got some fish.