Originally Posted By: Larry B
Part of the commercial pitch was that we recreational crabbers, was that we represent only a small portion of the State population and to take away from the commercial catch is to reduce the amount of crab to the rest of the population.

I personally saw Dungeness crab dinners being advertised on a beach billboard in Biloxi MS this past Spring for $19.99 and another CCA member reported seeing it in Florida and confirmed that it was supplied out of Washington.

First off nice talking to you yesterday at lunch break. I suspected that you were Larry B but wasn't 100% sure.
I did a little googling today and the Winn-Dixee retail grocery store that my wife and I visited in Florida when on vacation, has 1439 stores nation wide. The website also states:
Today, Winn-Dixie is one of the largest food retailers in the nation and ranks 340 on the FORTUNE 500® list. The Company operates stores across the Southeastern United States.
They were selling the Dungeness crab caught in WA at 3.99 a pound. Also several restuarants we ate at, also had dungeness crab on their menus.

I also googled WA state population, and the state and treaty commercials catch enough crab on their poorest of seasons for every man, women, and child in the state of WA.

Of course:
1) not everyone eats crab
2) most babies don't eat crab
3) some people can't afford $5.99-$7.99 a pound
4) some people are allergic to shell fish etc....

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them