Another "Fine Point" on the discussion is where each (sports & commercials) spend thier cash. Sports Fishers typically spend that cash across a wider more diverse geographic area, espescially in non Metro areas. Again where it is most appreciated and valued. Cannot say the same for commercials (and I am excluding the Tribes here). As an example, prior to the Winds of Crabbing Change here in Washington, most of the Non Tribal Commercially caught crabs found their way into a very limited buyer, and the bulk of that was sold Out Of The Region, i.e., Japan, California, Gulf Coast (YES!!!! Crab Shack), and back east. That is how Larry and some of us traveling back there could have Dungeness at a Restuarant in Florida. And I agree with someone above regarding BC Trips & Licenses/Fees, if it does not improve here, I will continue to spend my CASH on the northern end of Vancouver Island. Then examine a WDFW program itself and how it is supported/funded, i.e., the Crab Program. Two Hundred Thousand Plus CRC's @ $3.00 a pop versus 150 Commercial Licenses @ $50 a pop, do the math, why should I in any way, shape, form, or fashion subsidized Commercial Crabbers in Washington when they demand more of the allocation each year from me a sports crabber? That is just plain stupid and very unfair.

Besides, there is more than an adequate and affordable supply of Dungeness in Safeways/Albertsons/Costco's with the Tribal Crabbers. They are in effect and by treaty the ONLY local game in the region for supply.

Edited by JohnQ (10/24/10 02:54 PM)

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????