I talk to Letty on a regular basis. Good friend of mine, as is her husband Rich, and a few of her other friends. A nicer fisher-lady you won't find, except maybe Marsha.

Bob is a big boy, there is literally no competition between Letty and Bob, as they fish entirely different rivers. Bob is a great guide and has a set of rules he abides by. Letty has a set of rules she abides by.

Been there and done that with Letty, where we were fair hooking and landing 27 steelhead, 8 silvers, and a few kings on Thanksgiving morning before we left at 11:00am. Going 9 for 18 on steelhead hurt that day, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Yup, she has snagged a few fish in her past. No doubt there, but she can also fair hook a fish out of a mud puddle. Fished with her maybe 15 or 20 days. She doesn't need to snag fish, as she is pretty awesome at fishing pocket water.

The QIN rivers are all about access. Want to let a native steelhead go, well, that is up to the individual fisherman. There are enough big fish there that you don't need to bonk a nate, but those of us who have fished the Cook Creek run before they hit the creek know there is a huge hatchery production there. The lake hatchery also puts out some hogs. Major steelhead hogs over 20 pounds.

Isn't it past your bed time?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.