Hey! Doesn't anybody notice my little add down there hehe! I am the owner of a Washington Based kokanee fishing page http://www.kokaneehole.cjb.net, and to answer your question there are several ways you can get down deep, 1)Use a downrigger... this is the most popular way and is used by most anglers for DEEP controlled depth fishing 2)Use a diver such as a deep-6 Dipsy Diver or Jet Diver, but just remember to set the clips loose enough that a tiny koke or really small trout could trip it. 3)Use lead core line, this gets you down about 30 feet max. I use lead core a lot and it seems to work ok. 4) Tie on about a 3 ounce weight 30 or so inches up the line from your rig and just pull it out and count your pulls.....
Hope this helps, also, if you don't want to fight the weight of pop gear you can use a 3 or 4/0 dodger tied off to a wedding ring spinner tipped with WHITE SHOEPEG CORN(see the Fishing Techniques section for an illustration) and if thats STILL TOO HEAVY for ya you can use artaficials very well, I like Firetiger colored rapalas or small spoons such as Needlefish or Kokaneekillers.... Most of all once you locate a fish, circle back around and go through the EXACT SAME SPOT kokanee school and you will catch at least 2 usually from one spot!
Hope this is helpful!!
~Matt eek