Joe,

Not sure when they stopped making them, but the Esprit was Lami's premium rod series for years. A classic, for sure. They were very nice rods, and expensive for their day. Esprits were gradually supplanted by their Cert Pro and XMG series. I don't recall "a summer run" rod in Esprit series. ( SZ's got me here.) CP expanded more into that area with a wider selection of medium and lighter action rods designed for specific applications.

I have a few Esprits and although they were pretty rods they have been surpassed in performance, materials and of course, price as well. wink If you want the cosmetics and feel of your Esprit in a higher performance lighter weight rod, you could easily have a custom rod made to look identical for far less than a premium series equivalent of the Esprit today.

The one little thing I loved about the Esprit was their trigger, which was flatter and slightly longer than triggers available today. The Esprit's did have a nice feel for sure.

Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”