Fshwithnoeyes,

I agreed with Milt's post because the CW is good habitat in the sense that already logged and actively managed forestland can be good fish habitat. I don't know that NC won't also log the land, although I expect that if they do, it will be kinder, gentler logging. And if NC didn't manage the land, Rayonier has to comply with today's much stricter Forest Practices Act (as amended) than previous logging. All but a small parcel of old growth in the CW watershed has been logged, so the habitat is anything but pristine. The state managed land (DNR), which is much if not most of it, will continue to be managed as active forestland, with continued logging, but as I said, under today's regulations, which are pretty good, if you're going to allow logging.

If there are spring chinook in the CW, that is news to me. There are springs, summers, and falls in the Queets, but I think there are only fall chinook in the CW. Someone will correct this if I'm wrong.

Water quality and temperature will improve under current forest practice regulations.

I'm not saying the purchase is stupid. I think there are higher priority habitat conservation and improvement opportunities than this purchase however, that would yield more results for the dollars spent.

Sg