A post I put on a different thread, for what it's worth...

Originally Posted By: Todd
From my un-scientific and anecdotal observations, I'd say that the CW and Deer Creek on the Stilly are neck and neck for the absolutely worst watershed ever destroyed by rape and pillage logging practices.

There are two problems with logging practices that make it hard to get a grasp on...first, while some bad effects are instantly seen, most bad effects that disrupt fish productivity take a while to manifest themselves, and not only that, they continue to manifest themselves for decades, several decades.

The second is that there is no quick fix for it...the logging world and DNR are always standing around patting each other on the back for their great stewardship through the newest version of the Forest Practices Act, but at best any of those "improvements" are only a slow down of the destruction, not a reversal or improvement of the land, and not only that, any good effects on the watershed and fish runs are still decades away...

In today's "right here, right now" world, fixing the fuckups of past logging practices are very, very hard to see.

Fish on...

Todd

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle