Donaldson's are lake rainbow trout of steelhead strain.

BC played with them in the mid 80's and planted some of their hard to reach lakes with them. They do get up in the teens. I heard of them to 14 pounds and they probably get bigger. Fishboy was going to be near a lake that had them in it, but his trip got cancelled.

EL, for a fish to get really big it has to have length also... not trying to argue here... so don't take my words as such. A strain of fish will only get so long... and only so round... but with more food it may grow bigger.. but as I see it, only grow bigger in girth. More food doesn't quite equate to longer length.

It would be like giving me more food. I won't grow any taller, but you can bet for sure I'd be buying my clothes down at Bob's Big Boys store.

This is why Cresent Lake is the only lake in WA that grows big cutthroat trout. It has to do with genetics. I'm not counting Lahontans as they have other things going for them that allows them to grow big.

Besides this is an western WA lake where the waters are supposed to be nutrient poor.

Dang. This is a real eye-opener from Lake WA!