Originally Posted By: Jgrizzle
I heard somewhere that the average kid can name like 1500 corporate logos and only 3 or 4 plant types.

A few years ago I was surveying a creek with a biologist, and just under an over pass there was black bear tracks. The only land that it could have been inhabiting was like a 4 or 5 acre chunk of forrest that had a real estate sign pinned to it.

Just a few years ago, a lady got killed by a black bear in Gig harbor. If you could see what that area looked like 10 years ago, and what it looks like today, you'd know why.

We're so used to there being a corporate logo pinned to something, that if shitt ever goes wrong, someone else will be at fault. Anyone who has ever cut down trees on a hunk of land is at fault with this one. Eco systems are shrinking/disappearing. Next time a coyote or coon gets in your trash, instead of killing it, go plant some trees.

Fa'shizzle Grizzle.

I had to refer to my abundance of wildlife and plant life knowledge the other day as random useless junk. People don't learn this stuff anymore, I remember audobon books, dinosaur books and zoobooks growing up and some military books but I read books either way.