Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
AKkings... what's your best guess as to where those predominantly white Old Harbor pigs originate?

Just going off the timing of Kodiakcombo's big fish which seem to be about a month to 6 weeks ahead of our fish and the overall proportions which seems very similar to alot of the trophy fish I see every year, I have to wonder if they might be Skeena fish. I think alot of our bigger fish are headed there and prime time for them is usually around 6/20 to the end of July, timing would be about right for them to be passing by Kodiak around now. We also catch a fair amount of white kings probably in the neighborhood of 10-15% and they are usually bigger fish.

I remember you saying last year you didn't think they were Kenai fish and I don't know much about the River's Inlet fish which would have been my second guess but I don't doubt John Beath if he says there not R.I. fish. Could be Fraser or Columbia fish but definitely wouldn't be my 1st guess.

After seeing the May kings Kodiakcombo has posted this year and years past I would definitely like to know more about them as well, impressive fish!

Maybe Robbo will read this and add his 2 pennies worth.