Fishermen are funny...... I like this place because PP is more like a heavy metal audience. Hardcore "flyfishing-as-religion" sites tend to be like Classical music audiences.......in that, if a classical guitarist suddenly plugged a Les Paul into a Marshall amp and started wailing a killer solo, the audience woudl be horrified. They'd plug their ears and run for the exits. Much the same as "flyfishing-as-religion" toolboxes eschew any other form of angling or a photo of a fish caught on a spinning rod...the tool of ignorance, in their opinion.

BUT.....if a heavy metal guitarist like Eddie Van Halen pulls out an acoustic guitar and plays "Spanish Fly" the audience goes wild. Just like PP did when Stam pulled out a fly rod to catch a bonefish, or when Parker used a spey rod to catch his 30 lb trophy BC steelhead a couple years ago. Yes, some snickered at Van Halen / Stam / Parker, but it was in good natured rib poking mode, not outright animosity.

I like heavy metal crowds better. More open minded, in my opinion. At the end of the day, we're all a bunch of idiots waving expensive carbon fiber sticks at fish with brains smaller than Jose Canseco's left nard.