For real, for real. Newt is the same guy that yesterday called child labor laws "stupid". He implied they are keeping the poor, poor. Stew on that for a while and think about who TRULY benefits from such things and who does not.

I would also question several aspects of Newt's Occupy analysis. First, to say that, "They take over a public park they didn’t pay for..." isn't entirely accurate. Who does Newt think paid for that park? The government? With OUR money.

Second, whether he knows it or not, he seems to have fallen for the idea that most of the Occupy protesters are basically some combination of homeless, barbaric, unhygienic, silver-spoon kids, that have no interest in working. I'd imagine there are some people there that may represent those things but the MAJORITY of the people are simply NOT that. Contrary to what Newt seems to believe, those people aren't Obama or Democratic party supporters. They are most likely opponents of the status quo and moreso of the Republican party which has, for quite a while now, obviously favored large business, anti-labor regulations, the military industrial complex, and special interests rather than the populace at large.

As a friend of mine recently said, "Societies need their middle class and they need that middle class to buy cars and TV's and watch football. When you take that away, they will get restless. In this case, some people got too greedy and now you see the result of the squeeze."

-AP