Day 2...

I realize some of these are re-runs, but with pics as stunningly beautiful as the ones Twitch captured of the East Mooring Basin at twilight, no one's gonna complain.

Team eyeFISH this fine morning consists of LMWS, Little Miss Achewter, Twitch, f4b, and yours truly. Nothing like an early start with the confidence that the boat is gonna fly across the big river. Looks like we're gonna beat the sun to the fishin' hole... but just barely!

We motor all the way up the WA side miles beyond where we puttered the previous morning. We drop lines for the first downhill pass and before we've trolled 50 yds, Little Miss Achewter's hangback Fatal Flash hoochie spinner scores the first rod down. It's a big WILD snaggle-toothed tule-saurus, so back it goes.

LMWS scores the next bite.... a platinum hi-20's lo-30's URB that takes off screamin' and catapults 4-5 ft out of the water right in front of Achewter's boat. I throw the kicker in reverse to slow the uncontrolled outflow of superline..... only to watch the spool suddenly go into hyperdrive. F'n leonine furbag snatched her trophy! I fire up the E-Tec to give chase, but before I could get anywhere close, he thrashed the chunky king like a limp ragdoll, parting the 40# Max UG in the process. GDITMMM!

About a 1/2 mile downriver, it would be Twitch's turn to battle the next platinum pig. No pics of the battle but here's the moment of glory with a CHROME-alicious hatchery Young's Bay Rogue bright!

We weren't the only ones scoring that morning. Here's Team Canyon puttin' on a Clinique' du Chinuque for fishead5 and Team Hells Canyon.

Late that morning the girls decided to jump ship and went back to the EMB with my buddy Steelies'R'Us. Team Achewter followed suit an hour or so later, but not before letting Achewter Jr climb aboard my barge for a pass or two. First drop below the bridge and Achewter Jr scores with my Cyclops spinner bait rig.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!