I made a camp kitchen from plans by Ted Trueblood in a very old Field & Stream, or was it Sports Afield he wrote for?, magazine. I made it of 1/4" plywood with pieces of 3/4 x 3/4" wood screwed and glued along all the seams. I made it with partitions to hold a 2-burner Coleman propane stove just under the top, and compartments within for various pots, pans, tableware, condiments, etc. It was about 30" long by 16" by 16" + or -. The front was hinged and had brass drop chains so that it hung horizontal as a food prep surface - after taking the stove from its slot and placing on top. I fashions side brackets that accepted 2 1 x 4s with angle cuts that created a wedge fit inside the bracket and cut to sit level on the ground.

Worked great on extended BC fishing trips and family camping trips. It wasn't heavy and looked good enough to draw complimentary comments everywhere I used it. I sold it at a garage sale after the kids were grown and I simplified my approach to camping, where things are now designed around a single burner little Coleman white gas backpacking stove.

Sg