DD,

My first and oldest camp stove is my absolutely beloved Svea 123. Love that little brass piece of heat. Thing about the Svea is that it doesn't simmer for [Bleeeeep!]; it's either roaring or nearly roaring or off, but it excellent for boiling, and about the most fuel economical of any stove I own. For one or two nighters I modernized a few years back to the MSR Pocket Rocket with the convenience of a gas canister, not very green I know, but they are damn convenient. I use my second Coleman one burner, I forget what they are really called because I named my first one Krakatoa for its heating prowess. Used it backpacking before I decided I like the weight weenie approach and now use either a Jetboil or the Pocket Rocket.

Yeah, the chuck box was a lot of fun, both to make and to use. Then I did make a compact version with some left over 1/4" oak ply with a formica top, but I may have left it behind a couple moves ago. I could do another since I have a sheet of 1/8" cherry ply in the garage.

Sg