Originally Posted By: metaladdiction
What actions would need to be taken to change the regs and make it illegal to kill any nates? My kid is currently looking for a worthy Boy Scout Eagle Project. He is an avid steelheader and hates the thought of anyone not releasing native fish. If it's a matter of signatures and legislation I'm sure there are alot of people that would be willing to work toward making this happen. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

That would be a great project and learning experience at the same time.
I'd start with the commission.

First, he would need to do some research and then put the findings into a 3 minute or less testimony to be brought up in front of the commission during public input at one of the public meetings. Pick a few commissioners and the director to talk to at these meetings and get their take on the current situation. I haven’t seen the commission take up this issue in quite awhile. There will be support if the commission is willing to look at this issue again.

Good Luck!

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them