These are some emails that have been posted on some other message boards. This is going to be a great day for all sportsmen, fisherman included we are all the same, consumptive users.
If there are any quetions I will try and answer the best I can. I will get Robert to register here at this board and between the both of us we will get your questions answered. Many volunteers are needed as contacts or flyer distributers, so please email Rob. More info can be read at www.duckhunter.net under the two "Olympia Rally" threads on the Washington board.

Thanks
============================
Here is the synopsis of it: We are heading to Olymia in as large a force as we possibly can. We want to get the word out that we are sick and tired of being treated as third class citizens. We are tired of the looks we get when others find out we hunt. We are tired of being linked by association, to anyone that commits a crime with a gun. We need people to realize that we are huge economic contributors to this state. In 2000, we spent over 1.4 billion dollars here! Remove the hunters from the state, and there will be more than one town go under.

It is time for the hunters of the state to finally stand, in as unified a position as possible, and shout "We are HUNTERS, we are PROUD, and we will be HEARD!"

Every major organization that I have contacted regarding this (HHC, WWC, etc) has told me they thought it a good idea, but that they wouldn't pass this along through their email network. Most haven't even made time for this as a passing mention in any meeting. I have spoken with the head of HHC and WWC, and received the same reply. I spent a Saturday trying to get everyone behind this at the Puyallup Sportsman Show, but most only tokenly nodded and smiled.

The legislators know we are coming, and we need to get as many people there as possible. If your attendance can not be made, then please feel free to send an email showing your support of our traditions and heritage in this state.

==============================

Time is 11-1 Place, Tivoli Fountain Parking is $.50/hr My email is robert1970@hotmail.com

I know you folk don't know me from Adam, I know you all want to have good representation at the governmental level. Well here is your chance, I will not knock any organization out there specifically, but they all seem to be sitting back on their hands. It is time to do something, the anti's are chipping away at what we all love the most, and in your hearts, you know that we will not have lands to hunt in 40-60 years if we don't act now.

WDFW has 100+ unfunded enforcement positions on the books. It keeps them there because they are needed. Without these 100+ positions, the WDFW has stated that it does not have the positions available to protect our wildlife! 100+ EMPTY positions... how can they protect our wildlife now?!

I can't promise you anything here folks. This is an entirely grassroots movement that we have started. We have no affiliation or support from any group on an official front. We are on our own, when the anti's show up, we will have to battle them with wit and intelligence. They are prepared, we are trying to be. We will have press releases out to all forms of media across the state by Thursday. We hope they will respond favorably. We will have fliers to put in windows of our vehicles, handouts to be put on the counter of the sporting goods department. We even have some folks wanting to pass them out in front of the grocery stores.

Officially, the legislature has ignored this as a valid function. However, I have spoken with 7 of our congressmen and they expressed the need for district reps to be pinned down in face to face meetings. This is why I posted that on the original message. We do not have a mass legislator meeting set up, nor did we want to. We wanted everyone concerned, to take it upon themselves to get involved with a 5-10-15 minute meeting with their legislator. Let them know they will lose a vote, or will gain 1. To let them know that we are connected, that we are not the dirt poor "redneck hillbillies" portrayed by the media. Let them know that we will tell everyone we know when they support us, lest they forget we elected them to server our needs!

Will stop ranting now, please email me if you have questions or wish to throw your voice into the pile to be presented at the rally. I promise that if your body can't be seen, your voice will be heard!

Robert J. robert1970@hotmail.com