Well for one thing Elk browse on young Aspens and if the young Aspen isn't browsed it soon grows too tall to be of any use to Elk. This has been shown to have had a substantial affect on Elk that are pushed out of Aspen stands as a result of Wolf predation.

Also the idea that "wolf killed" Elk provides more protein for bears emerging from hibernation than winter killed Elk means wolves don't eat what they kill or that winter kill Elk is somehow less nutritious.

This statement (below) sounds like a lot of hyperbole. Scavengers have no preference about the death of an animal only that their is enough to eat. I have a hard time believing there is more available meat on a Wolf killed carcass than there is on a frozen whole carcass.

"He added that scavengers that once relied on winter-killed elk for food now depend on wolf-killed elk. That benefits ravens, eagles, magpies, coyotes and bears (grizzly and black), especially as the bears emerge hungry from hibernation"

Outside of the story trying to justify that which is quickly spiralling out of control and thereby contradicting many other facts and ignoring the reality of the situation this study appears to me to be a self-serving, biased representation while ignoring the glaring problem. I'm in no way a wolf hater but checks and balances need to be implemented.

There are plenty of studies that contradict what this one attempts to do. You're welcome to look into the matter further if you really want to educate yourself.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.