Just as a little piece of "fyi". I live in Mineral which is a small town in western washington. About 8 years ago my chocolate lab got into a fight with a cougar 25 yards from my back door. Believe it or not the dog won. We called the game department to take care of the problem cat and they did nothing. They showed up late the next day and said "oh its too late to track it." Having that happen opened my eyes and made me wonder how many other folks in washington have had the same problem and will have that problem with wolves. I for one will shoot either one of the above on sight.
My cougar sightings have gone up drastically since the hound band, and those that don't think they'll ever see one or see the wolves when they get introduced are wrong. I saw a big cat 1/2 down the main road from my house yesterday.
Not real happy about it considering I have a 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son that like to play outside.
More go@@am flatlanders making big wig decisions up in seattle messing up my life. There is my justification for shooting on sight. Like it or not I don't care. If I get caught I'll pay the consequenses. If I get caught.