I abhor the PC descriptor "Asian".

WHY?

Because it's so dam NON-descript. I mean what's the point?

"Asian" technically encompasses the Middle East... That'd be yer Arabs and towel head brown-skinned Asians. Funny we call it the Middle East when it's really SW Asia.

It also includes white folks east of the Ural Range, yer pasty blue eyed Rusky Asians to the north.

Then there's all them southcentral "stani" Asians.... the Afghan's, the Paki's, the Kazak's, Uzbek's, and all the others hardly anyone remembers.

And there's yer Hindu Asians that make up a 1/4 of the world population.

Then there's all the slanty eyed Ornamental Asiansto the southeast.... which is what folks really mean to say when they say "Asian". WTF is wrong with just saying Oriental.... dammit it's what we are. But no, unlike Achewter, we have to dance around it with PC BS. Even Ornamental is considered too broad a label by the folks that actually live there.

I mean there's yer northern yellow white Ornamentals... Mongols, Chinks (Coley didn't like China-man), Japs, and Koreans.

Then there's yer southern brown skinned Ornamentals like me... Viet, Thai,Cambodian, Laotian, Filipino, and to some extent Indonesians.... that look more and more like aboriginal Australians as you move further down the island chain toward the land down under.

How can a label that technically describes such a HUGE diversity of people groups be applied to just a small minority ???

Utterly pointless.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!