These recipies came from board members over time, I do not know from who and I do not lay claim - except that I've used them and had them turn out well...

Pickled Salmon
Curing:
Cut skinned salmon filet into bite size pieces (1/2 – 3/4in. sq)
Pack salmon loosely into quart jar. Add 5/8 cup pickling salt and fill jar with white vinegar. refridgerate for 5 days.
Rinse salmon and Soak in cold water for 1 hour.

Pickle Juice:
Boil 2 cups Vinegar and 1 cup Sugar 1 tbls pickling spices (more or less to taste)
Cool with a handfull of Ice cubes (also helps dilute it a bit)
(Pickle juice should be cooled before you add it to the fish in jars)

Dice up a couple of onions and add layers of fish and layers of onions loosely in the jar until full (pint jars work the best).
Fill the jars with the pickle juice and refrigerate… 5 days is recommended but I cant wait more than a couple days…

Here is another recipe that I am going to try… it looks kinda good but I may cure the salmon with the above recipe and make the pickle juice per the lower recipe…

Pickled Salmon

1. Salt water brine = 1 cup of pickling salt, 1 cup of water.

2. Fillet add skinned 5lbs of salmon, chunk to about 1 inch cubes. Add to brine and soak overnight in non metallic bowl.

3. Make pickling brine of 1 qt cider vinegar, 1.5 cups white sugar, 2.5 cups of water. Boil then simmer 5 minutes. Cool for 24 hours. (I make the brine the day before I break out the salmon)

4. Rinse salmon well , slice 4 large WALLA WALLA onions, 4 TB whole allspice, 12 bay leaves, and 1 gallon jar. Layer fish,onion,allspice,bay leaves.... repeat layering until all fish is covered. Pour cool brine over fish. Leave for 5 days..