RH,

Whats your reloading agenda going to look like for the rebuild? Do you have the budget for that? Staying with the 06' you can get a good variety of less expensive factory ammo that might work really well. If you go 6.5x.284 its might be tough find factory rounds that work well in the new rifle, and suit your accuracy reqs (you might get lucky though). In addition they are major expensive. $50 to $80 for 20 rounds in some cases (using Midway as source link below). For a target rifle, and shooting target rifle volume, I think you are going to want to hand craft some ammo for it. Or, I guess you could have someone reload it for you but you will still have to buy components, possibly dies, and time.

I have been looking into a wildcat for sometime now. I mean four to five years reading and studying what I might want. The wildest I think I want to get is a ackely improvement of some sort where you only have pay for re-chambering and blow out the cases. I think I'm going .30-30 AI as it seems to be one the best choices for a significant increase in ballistics.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?newcategorydimensionid=9926

j7 2012