At first I was interested to see this show, but mainly because of our local rivers.

Basically here's my beef; one episode had them fishing the chehalis, they didn't even have a fish bonker on board so lets use a water bottle, and a fist! Ok ok not too big of a deal, because hey I've had to use a fist a time or two as well. Should it be something to have on an outdoor show? Probably not, but there's worse on tv. I guess by me having to use a fist in the past is "the pot calling the kettle black".

That's not really where my problem is though... Watched an episode today where they are fishing on the lower Quinault. Should be interesting right? Well, it was. Talk about a lack of respect for multiple fish and extremely poor handling on one after another. If you watch this one you will see what I am talking about....

Fish after fish were not just netted but brought into the boat where they flopped around beat themselves up, kicked around by the fishermen, and held by the gill plates alone before being returned to the river. Yep, the gill plates alone.

Hope I am not affending anyone but had to get this one out. Just couldn't believe the horrible handling of these fish before being released.

Edited by big.fishy (04/29/13 01:02 AM)