I guess the good for all of us refers to advertising our angling opportunities in Grays Harbor.
Yes, more anglers will come, but with several magazines and websites such as this, its really no secret where you have to go to get a decent chance at steelies or salmon. that's why I hike and bicycle the miles that I do
My intent is to demonstrate to our legislators just how much $$$ comes to the Harbor to fish. With the right kind of support and/or pressure, we could restore some of the programs we have lost. If we can demonstrate the economic stimulus that sport angling brings to a community, maybe they can find the $$ to raise more fish. That $$$ goes to the mom and pop stores like Humptulips Mercantile, Monte Square, Dennis Co. etc. I spend around $1000 annually just buying bait, gear and gas, and I live in Aberdeen. Think how much money comes into the harbor from Pugettropolis....Better yet, think what we could do as sport anglers if we were as organized and dedicated as the Commercial Harvesters.
I'm interested in your thoughts
p.s. if anyone wants to bicycle in and drop down to smith creek from the cardiac ridge trailhead with me, let me know
Take Care,
Ken