Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Originally Posted By: stickfisher
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Fresh dead herring under a bobber.

Thanks Jerry. I have difficulty procuring fresh dead herring as I drive to the Fort from the North. I haven't been able to find a source on the way down. I understand there is a place to get them around the ferry dock at the south side of the island, perhaps it is worth the extra drive.

I'm still working in that technique. I had the a few strikes that I missed on. One time it felt like the same fish hit three times, and I missed each time. I checked the way I had my herring rigged and I suspect the sloppy rigging and lack of attention to details was the culprit. In other words; I f*$%ed up!

Possession Pt bait is the driveway just before Possession Pt Park

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&gl=us&daddr=8311+S+Franklin+Rd,+Clinton,+WA+98236&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,47.909995,-122.376129&cid=0,0,17143373835375663621&hq=possession+point+bait&hnear=0x5490102c93e83355:0x102565466944d59a,Seattle,+WA

Guess you will need to copy and paste.

Possession Point Bait had not begun operations as of 8 May and last I heard they had sold out of their limited number of frozen packs from 2012. When they are up and running and guys are fishing salmon locally they will probably again be selling fresh bait at the Everett launch.

By Fort do you mean Ft. Lewis? If so, live bait is available at Day Island at the end of 19th. St. in Tacoma except, as with Possession Point Bait, it is not available year around although with the June ocean opener I would suspect Day Island has it available now or will have it very soon. Give them a call.

Edited by Larry B (05/17/13 03:30 PM)

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)