It's not apathy Salmo, at least not from me, but moreso my knowledge that complaints or acknowledgement of these types of issues fall on deaf ears here.
There are a coupe few folks like Dogfish or Driftin that get it, but the rest of the blowhards here aren't worth discussing the issue with. so I figure.... Why bother?

I've known about this for years..ever since I read about the AT&T whistle blower spoke up in 2007 about the bulk splitter on AT&T fiber carrying all traffic going into a black room... and later corroborated the story with people I knew.

The problem is that the government answers to no one. The people in charge of these program are immune from scrutiny. The government itself can spy of dissenters, political foes, etc.. because they have the keys to the kingdom, so why would they care to change? My observation based on how the current administration has dealt with previous issues: They are embarrassed to be forced to acknowledge the program, and will bury it as soon as possible.