I fished 3 hours on Friday and 3 hours yesterday at the boat show Satsop.

Got grabs on spinners, jigs and eggs. Solid action.

Loads of people in the beautiful weather. The fishing got slower as the fish got pounded more and more in the dropping water. Fish were on the move both days, as far as I could tell.

Highlight was hooking a big purple backed king in a riffle yesterday. We were going downriver, he was going up. He circled the boat twice then burned the skin off my thumb while my partner tried to get the boat going. I was down to about 10% of my backing on a 5000 sized reel. We chased him on plane with me standing on the bow reeling like crazy, then he broke my leader while trying to weave him out of a log. Fun stuff.

Another highlight was laying on the bow of my boat drinking a Rain-dog in the sunshine yesterday watching my buddy fish a side channel. I was laughing while my buddy crackered off fish after fish because he had broken off the end of his hook and didn't know. He was blaming his wife, his dog, me, and whatever else he could.

Another highlight was Fri afternoon in the sunshine in castingpearls boat, we raked jacks and adult coho for about an hour and a half straight in one small run.