I fished a 36" wide Cummins net for last 14 yrs w/ no issues 'til I brought in a 25 lb MA 11 king this Summer and snapped the hoop at the yoke cleanly both sides. Yeah my fault. Forgot to tilt handle towards and sky and grab hoop to haul fish aboard. So off to Sportco that week to buy a new net. Was looking forward to the new purchase but kinda regretting going with a the one I purchased. I picked up a Beckman 36" wide hoop w/ 52" net bag?! Hoop size was what I wanted but the bag net is out of control - way to big. I mean if I were 6' 3" and all my buddies were too and we all had open tiller boats, and all we fished for were 25lb kings plus then yeah perfect net. But this is WA and I like to fish blackmouth and kings with the same net and coho and got a boat full of grabby things and small kids and a wife that hates to net... get the picture?! ; )

Any way to replace the bag? I removed the yoke from the hoop to see about changing the net out. I think I recall Fish-Eye talking about this a few years ago, didn't make much sense to me then, but now resonating. The net has small metal fasteners that look as if they're cinch the net into place, after the net is strung onto the hoop, preventing an simply 're-string and go' approach. Don't get me wrong, the Beckman handle, yoke & hoop look to be of outstanding construction, but that net has already got wrapped on too many things to mention at this point after just 4 days of fishing, I'm looking for solutions. I got 5 yr old boys. They're not going to be able to use this thing for another 8 yrs +, at the least.