Sorry to hear about this Danny.

I have busted (interrupted) people breaking into vehicles there.

I came into the parking lot one day with my boat about mid day and was met by a truck that was sideways and spinning its tires trying to get by me and out of the parking lot. I checked the trucks in the lot and found several had been messed with. I went to the police station and reported it...I got one of the lack luster responses...."fill out the form and give it back to me". But a detective heard me give a description of the truck, plus I had found a piece of cardboard box with an address on it, so he came over. Turned out the truck had been reported stolen and used to commit other crimes. I didn't trust this and had the address from the box so I went to the house, turned out it was true, the owner had nothing to do with the crime.

The police didn't seem all that interested and said the truck wouldn't be found, nor would the person that stole it. I put all the info on several fishing forums and eventually found the truck, it had been abandoned near Douglas Bar. When I called the police they were shocked it took me only a couple of days to find the truck, they had already stopped looking for it. After that I doubt they did anything more than contact the owner.

Parking at High bridge launch.
Don't park over near the launch, and never by the trees and bushes on the opposite side from the river. Park in the grass near the main road, or near the sign where your truck can easily be seen.

At the Sultan launch.
Never park near the highway (this area is marked by all the broken window glass) park in the middle of the lot, or near the park itself.