Well it's that time of year again for my annual winter run season essay. Let's start out by saying this has been my worst winter run steelhead season I can remember........as far as totals. However it was a fun ride and the totals really didn't matter cuz we are world champs.So due to the low water and no show of the brats in late November thru January I really didn't get out. My time was taken up by the awesome play-off run by our "Hawks" so this made it real easy to hang back and attend the home play-off's and even superbowl in NY. Well worth it from what I heard out on the street. This was the first year I didn't even fish my favorite month of February..............really seriously didn't even wet a line...........Sad stuff right there. So here it goes,
Only made 10 trips this season on 7 different rivers. Hooked 16 landed 15. 94% hook to land ratio. 4 O'fer trips. Best day I was 5 for 5 and the biggest of the season is now my avatar.Say what ya want......but when it came to winter steelhead this season Oregon kicked our ass for numbers.............but never in size.Lol.The bait of choice seemed to be yarn and more yarn weather in a rag or a yarnie.........yarn was the theme for me this year.Good luck,

SZ

Edited by STRIKE ZONE (04/16/14 07:05 PM)