I knew my posts would bring FP outta hiding! smile
I like to play devil’s advocate and I like to put it out there just to get the convo going. Mixing it up is a healthy, good thing.

My point, which was obviously missed is ...our freedoms as provided by military allowed us the free thought required to invent everything off that entire list. Not that the military actually invented those items (or many others), but they gave us the catalyst and protection to pursue our dreams & passions.

As far as Soldiers or Cops, I believe there is a HUGE distinction & difference. The Modus Operandi, charter and structural set-up for each system are entirely different. Their sworn duties are entirely different. Soldiers are there for our enemies. To our modern cops, we are the enemy.

I do agree that many ex-Military do find their way into LE and that can be problematic once the Blue Wall group think kicks into play. A lot of ex-military miss the "action" and in an absence of said "action, re-create it on our streets. The military is not a union. LE is and that's entire basis for corruption. Sheriffs are the only elected LE's. All other factions of LE serve as political appointments. You can get yourself hanged in the Military. When was the last time you even heard of a Cop getting outright fired or put on leave without pay - even after killing citizens & lying about it? Exactly.

As far nukes - that's another post for later.

EDIT: BTW - very nice use of NWA. smile

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 09:14 PM)