I was hoping you were going to post this. wink

You talkin about Sharkin? Sharkin?

I can corroborate Sky-Guy's post, in that he's not pulling anyone's leg here. zip

The story has me so intrigued, I spent a good part of this morning researching anything remotely plausible. Apparently, some guy hooked a Great White in Tacoma a few years ago? eek2

But...

That's not this. This thing has serious speed. Like Sailfish & Wahoo blue water speed and having caught many of those, that's damn fast for anything cold water. Great White's and Mako's jump when hooked. Nobody has ever got this thing above 60 feet and it doesn't seem to migrate far, which would put a Salmon / 6 or 7 gill shark out of the question with their huge migratory patterns. Another interesting thing is that it's hooked during halibut, when there aren't a lot of salmon in PS - so that makes me believe its resident. I've even considered the Giant Squid (3rd largest squid in the world) and found quite frequently in PS. But I don't think a squid could sustain a few miles @ 15 knots. The only thing that reminds me of how it fights is a big ol' Bluefin. Super fast, super strong and pinned to the depths. But that doesn't wash either, so who knows?

I'll find him for 5 and catch & kill him for 10.

Does anyone up here have a boat with an actual fighting chair in it? Grab the MASSIVE Goliath Grouper rod outta the show room at Batson; load up the 130 wide with 300# Dacron, drink some Apricot brandy and buckle in.

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. eek

Edited by NickD90 (05/02/14 08:42 PM)