I'm sure everyone here understands global climatology well enough to know whether man's actions are causing the planet to warm.

Either that, or it's like debating whether God exists..............nobody knows, but nobody has the sack to admit it, either.

I think the preponderance of evidence suggests we're making the planet warmer, but I'm not really qualified to tell good evidence from meaningless evidence. I'm pretty sure nobody else here is, either. In fact, considering our predictive accuracy in the past at guessing the global climate 50 years down the road, I'm not sure there is anyone, anywhere, who's qualified.

I figure it will be like everything else we've done to sh!t in our own bed over the last few hundred years - we'll find a way to get by, with the wealthy barely noticing and the poor taking it on the chin.

The Earth will get by just fine. We might not, but a planet doesn't care how f'n hot it is. IMO, we've started a ball rolling we might not be able to stop - but I'm not going to wet the bed over it. If I lived in Miami, I might consider picking up a box of Depends, though.

I'm all for everyone believing in man-made global warming to do something to help the planet by killing themselves................or by killing a couple global-warming disbelievers instead.

Whichever. smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames