The argument is whether it is going to do much good. How can you argue about genetics and say that hatchery fish will cause the total collapse of Steelhead runs at the same time we are talking about hatcheries that are over 100 years old. Please help me to understand...

The past 4 generations of Puget Sounders have enjoyed really good fishing for Wild Steelhead. It wasn't until the late 1990's that Wild protections actually went into place.

Hatchery fish dilute the gene pool. When Wild/Hatchery spawn together their offspring is more retarded and can't survive. Shallower gene pool. They've been getting increasingly retarded over the past century. Once we don't have any Hatchery fish...they will...become...less retarded? I didn't know that genetics worked like that. Hmm.

And I know everyone gets bothered with the word "rights" so let's just assume I ment to say opportunty... because I love the opportunity to go fishing, even if it's Catch & Release, and I know it isn't my right. Thinking that would be as retarded as thinking that these fish will genetically purify themselves from the evils of 113 years of hatchery practices.